Are you ready to “Talk Like TED”?
Carmine Gallo knows communication like da Vinci knew smiles, like Godiva knows chocolate, or like Audrey Hepburn knew style. His new book is one I think lots of you would like, but it may not be for everyone. I designed this quiz to help determine whether or not you would like it. (You can thank me later!) So, here goes:
1. Do you think John Williams can compose a memorable film score?
2. Does the Pioneer Woman know anything about comfort food?
3. Has C.S. Lewis, Tim Keller, or Sinclair Ferguson ever provoked a deep thought about theology?
4. Does Peter Jackson know how to film epic movies in New Zealand?
5. Did Steve Jobs know anything about computers?
Bonus Question: Did Kermit know anything about rainbow connections?
If you answered “yes” to any one of these questions, and if you talk to anyone, about anything, ever … you will love this book!
Each of these people – Jim Henson, the brains behind Kermit, included – is (or was) fluent in the language of their craft. (Spoiler alert: That’s why I included them in the quiz – not because they are all mentioned in the book!) But with skill worthy of these, Gallo condenses the art and science of public speaking into an easy-to-read manual called “Talk Like TED.” It’s not just a great guide, it’s a great read. Gallo practices what he preaches, and that’s why this has earned a spot among the favorites on my shelf.
Never heard of TED? Do yourself a favor. Grab a cup of tea or coffee, and give yourself 20 minutes to watch one of the most popular TED talks of all time:
So, what do you think? Have I convinced you to add this to your collection of favorites?! 🙂